Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vday Part Two : Handburger



I shall now talk about burgers. Mmm burgers, how do I love thee, let me count the ways. I have always been a sucker for a good burger and encounter many lovely varieties during my travels and adventures. In fact now that I think about it, I've been having burgers for my birthday nearly every year now. Turning 18 trumped it all though with burgers in the afternoon and burgers at night and burgers the next day.

Constantly searching for the 'perfect' hamburger, I have discovered that my favourite combination consists a caramelized onion bun, lightly toasted and buttered, topped with hand chopped beef held together preferably with eggs, breadcrumbs and a particularly leafy veggie I haven't figured out yet. Top this with a slice of melting provolone cheese, sauteed button mushrooms and two streaks of applewood smoked bacon, onion rings on the side. Perfect.

Handburger has offered a not so expensive place to dine on a variety of delicious hamburgers. From the classic cheeseburger to the pulled pork burger and the fried dory burger, there's something for everyone here. My personal favourite here is the burger titled 'The Works' which contains.. a lot of toppings up high. However it often proves too challenging for me to eat so I often settle for the handburger original, the humble cheeseburger.

Right now, they're having a get your second burger at 50% off deal which I think is fantastic when you're dining out with another burger loving friend.



That's onion jam on the cheese and on the bread, very tasty, tangy burnt sweet... savory. Choice between fries or a chillled stuffed tomato. I find chilled stuffed tomato very funny, just substitute tomato with other words like chilled stuff aubergine. For some reason I find it hilarious. If anyone's wondering, it's coleslaw in the tomato pinata.

It's a difficult burger to pick up and eat and more often than not I eat it with a knife and fork which is really not the best way to eat it. You want to get all the flavours together in your mouth, not one at a time! Need to work on burger picking up skills.

We had a root beer float to go with the burgers; it has been EONS since my last root beer float and this was a deliciously bubbly and creamy concoction. Dessert was a warm sticky banana cake with a side of vanilla ice cream and strawberry compote. Compote seemed sickly sweet and resembled alien goo with cake+ice cream combo was awesome. Want to try the chocolate or lemony pot the next round. :3

About S$15-20 per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment