Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fat Boys!

Admittedly I've been neglecting this blog. I've been busy with school applications and running around to job interviews and doing my commissions; yay commissions. And now that I'm a little more free I can post some things I've been nomming on.

This is fatboys! It's a newish burger joint that opened near my house, about 10-15 minute drive away. I think I've already established the fact that I'm quite a burger person so of course I HAD to come down and try this place. I did try to go there with a friend before but it was raining and the parking situation there is really really horrible so we ended up going elsewhere.

Last week though, fortune smiled down upon me and granted me and nork a car and the opportunity to visit fatboys. Parking was still a horror but it was much easier since it wasn't raining.

... oh noes I didn't take any environment shots. Meh. Well it's a smallish place with very loud sticker decor on the walls. Lots of red, black and white with a very urban cementy feel. Let's get down to the food!



Looks yummy don't it. I'm so glad they serve pork burgers here, they're very hard to find in Singapore and I am still missing the McPork from Japan. Anyhoo, nork ordered the fat basterd. It's a whopper!



The french fries resembled planks but that's ok for they were tasty tasty golden fried planks of yum. For myself, I like build your own burgers so here's the menu for it.



I got myself a honey oat bun with a skinny beef patty, sautéed mushrooms, bacon and mozzarella cheese. I'd have chosen provolone cheese if they had it, and I think they should. It's a very tasty cheese when melted over burger patty yumminess.



Doesn't that brown bun look delicious. I like the fact that I can taste the flavour of the bread when I eat this burger. The mozarella is a little.. too tame though, for this mish mash of flavours. Mushrooms were tasty, bacon was ok; I've always championed apple smoked bacon so I tend to be a little picky when it comes to that.

We were incredibly full when we finished the burgers. I had originally wanted to order onion rings to go with the burgers but it's just as well we didn't. We might have eaten ourselves into a food coma.

What's a burger without a milkshake. They serve some pretty neat shakes here; no photos though, sorry. I ordered it to go because I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to down all of it while sitting in the restaurant. I got a malted strawberry shake. It was tasty and very fruity and the best part is that it wasn't so sweet. A lot of shakes I've tried are often very sweet and leave a burning feeling in your throat, like the oreo shake from Carl's Jr.

Over all this is a lovely burger joint, the service is pretty good and the staff are fairly attentive. No service charge or GST here which is an awesome plus. Water is self serve but that's not a big issue; walking hasn't killed anyone. :D

Per person, average bill can come to $20 if you order burger and a drink.

I'll mos def be going back again to try another burger combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment